THE BEST PENGUINS EVAR!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Human Exoskeletons; More than a Money Maker.

After recently watching a Ted Talks demonstration on human exoskeletons, I was amazed to find how unbelievably far our technology has progressed in the past few years. The inventor of the exoskeleton, Eythor Bender, has created a suit that combines body motion-sensitive computer programming, well structured metal crafting, and lightweight batteries and motors to create a suit that enables paralyzed humans to do the impossible. Walk.
In addition to the suit’s use with paraplegic citizens, the powerful construction of the suit can also assist those carrying heavy loads, those with back or leg problems, and anyone that requires enhanced bodily strength.
Overall, I am very impressed by this invention. With modern society so focused on making money with their creations, it is refreshing to see someone who has combined a money making business idea with giving people something that they are desperately wishing for (instead of Snuggies or Silly Bands). My hope is that the machine will soon be powerful enough to give all paralyzed citizens the power to walk, run, and interact normally. I also think that Eythor is very smart in using it to make a profit, that will hopefully give him the money to take a more in depth approach to the philanthropic gains of his invention. Overall, I think that the Human Exoskeleton is a brilliant invention, that will hold it’s place in history by making a change for those who desperately need it.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Hank. I was so excited when I saw this lecture, I have a very close friend who is quadriplegic, I would love to see him up and walking.

    ReplyDelete